Sunday, September 10, 2017

Happy Weekend 9.10

 photo IMG_3341_zps5ghdsq5p.jpg

Happy weekend, friends. How are you? The weather in Philly this weekend has been a dream. Cool, sunny, and just a little bite in the air to hint that fall is on the way. Yesterday I got a much needed haircut, and today we're planning to check out the Mushroom Festival in Kennet Square. And our big project/news for the weekend: We've started the process of packing up our apartment in anticipation of a big move at the end of the month. As much as I hate moving, I'm excited and it's felt so good to clean stuff out and get rid of the unnecessary (while acquiring maybe too many new plants in the process). I'll share more on our plans later, but suffice to say I'm a storm of emotions right now - excited, anticipatory, a little sad, and very nostalgic for our neighborhood, which suddenly looks 85% more alluring now that I know I'm leaving it (ha). What are you up to this weekend? Have fun and stay safe!

The Florida Humane Society and other rescue orgs are already out rescuing abandoned pets (which breaks my damn heart)

It's fall wedding season! This vintage purse would be pretty to carry as an accessory

In a gig economy, how do we define "work"

I just bought this coat and I'm in love

Everlane just launched their first line of denim at an incredible (and almost unheard of) price point - love this pair

This skirt would look gorgeous with an oversized sweater for fall

How to take care of your clothes - very useful

Officially on the hunt for stylish but comfortable and functional winter boots (and I found some!)

How zoos and aquariums handle hurricanes - that first pic though

Would love to drink coffee out of these beautiful handmade mugs

Love this cool pin

This twitter thread is PURE GOLD

How beautiful are these handmade jewelry pieces?

Cookie dough nice cream

A very worthy read: tackling the myth of perfection on social media

Would love to add this to our living room