Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Spring Dreaming

 photo 7ffeb96587b5ecb3d2cbb417db9b2ef6_zps4d64d659.jpg
 photo OrchidGreySpringStyle_zpsc6faae5c.jpg
Philly finally has some snow on the ground, and I'm dreaming of sunny days and spring weather. Bare legs, the feeling of jeans and sneakers and a tee and that's it, throwing on a dress and a jacket and being ready in 10 minutes. I don't plan on adding much to my closet for the next season, but the pieces I am planning for are simple, go-with-everything clothes that can easily transition into summer (remember summer?) and later, to fall (let's just forget about fall for right now)... here's what's on my must list:


 photo OrchidGreySpring2015Picks_zps8cac9c72.jpg
1. Free People dress
2. Alexa Chung x AG overalls
3. Mink Pink dress
4. Maison Scotch sweatshirt
5. Wildfox sunnies
6. Street Level bag
7. Vanessa Mooney necklace
8. Jeffrey Campbell lace-up heels
9. Converse sneakers
10. Madewell jeans

Since we moved to Philadelphia, I've been working on streamlining my closet as much as possible. Bags and bags have been brought to Buffalo Exchange and Goodwill, and I've held off on making many purchases for the past few months so that when I do, it's something that will seamlessly fit in with what I already have. Lately I've been seriously digging on ShopBop, I love how the selection is curated and seeing brands mixed and matched gives me a better idea of how each piece will fit the puzzle of my style (plus, free shipping and returns isn't too bad, either). On my list for the next season? Perfectly distressed jeans (to wear with oversized tees and everything else), fitted (but not skinny) overalls (wear 'em now with a dainty top and faux-fur coat), a couple cute dresses (perfect with a leather jacket or shredded denim), and versatile accessories, all in simple hues and classic shapes. Mix and match, toss in some vintage, wear it now, wear it later. however you damn well please. Happy (almost) spring, friends.

What's on your list?